We are a full service commercial law firm and advise across a wide range of industries.
We also recognise that clients often choose their legal advisers based on their knowledge and understanding of the client’s industry. We combine our industry specific know-how with our legal expertise to provide commercially focused, pragmatic legal solutions to help you achieve the best results in the most efficient timeframe.
Our specialist industry experience
We have significant, specialist experience and expertise and understand the key factors that drive success in the following industry sectors:
- Resources, Exploration and Mining, advising on the full spectrum of advice needed, particularly in relation to gold, base metals and mineral sands projects
- Mining Services, particularly subcontracting, plant and equipment hire and supply, contract mining and advising in the context of Greenfields and Site agreements
- Construction and Engineering, particularly design, construct and EPC contracts, plant fabrication, construction disputes, tendering and head contract/subcontract negotiations and major project contract packages
- Agribusiness and Farming, particularly broadacre farming, industrial livestock production, abattoirs, rendering and the seafood business (commercial fishing, abalone and rock lobster) and sale/purchase of agricultural property
- Retail and Consumer Goods, particularly terms and conditions of sale, credit agreements, retail shop leases, landlord/tenant disputes, domestic and international warranties/product liability
- Commercial Property, particularly leasing in large industrial, office and shopping developments, lease disputes and sale/purchase of commercial property
- Software and Information Technology, particularly IT procurement, license, reseller and distribution agreements (including SaaS, EUSLA and cloud agreements), e-commerce and M&A transactions
- Advertising, branding and labelling particularly misleading and deceptive conduct and Australian Consumer Law
- Domain names particularly domain name and cybersquatting disputes
- Entertainment Law particularly advising film and television houses, authors, musicians and artists in relation to publication, licensing and services agreements, moral rights, copyright ownership and infringement
- SEO and Social Media particularly in relation to search engine optimisation, unfair competition, privacy issues and misleading and deceptive conduct
- Industrials, Chemicals and Plastics, particularly feedstock supply, dangerous goods issues, spills, environmental laws, regulatory prosecutions, contracts regarding plants and pipelines, mergers and acquisitions
- Fuel and Acid Terminals, particularly construction and operation, including terminal services agreements, commingling issues, advice in relation to pipelines, gantries, easements, etc
- Franchising, particularly reviewing and advising in relation to franchising agreements and disputes
- Transport and Logistics, particularly in preparing freight agreements/T&C’s, tendering, resolving disputes
- Rail, particularly in relation to rail access arrangements and open access regimes, siding construction agreements, easements, etc
- Charitable and not for profit sector, particularly advising Boards and obtaining deductible gift recipient (DGR) status
- Wine and viticulture, particularly buying and selling vineyards and operating wineries
- Intellectual property, including contentious and non-contentious assistance with trade-marks, copyright, domain name disputes, confidentiality and classified information, registered designs, patent advice, geographical indications for foods and wines, and plant breeders rights.
- Advertising, branding and labelling laws, including Australian Advertising Standards Board complaints, mitigating misleading and deceptive representations in advertising, legal assistance with brand launches.
- Media and Entertainment law, including music agreements, literary agreements, film and TV agreements, and modelling talent agreements.