Our People + Senior Associates
BA, LLB (Hons)
Catherine specialises in intellectual property and entertainment law, and assists individuals and large and small businesses with contentious and non-contentious intellectual property issues, with a particular focus on contracts.
Catherine’s priority is to obtain the best possible outcome for her clients in a practical and cost effective manner, always considering the commercial interests of her clients. Catherine acts for a wide range of clients on all matters of intellectual property law, including copyright; trade mark ownership, enforcement, and infringement; passing off; and misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law.
Catherine has a particular interest in the creative industries and has experience in advising film and television producers, musicians, authors, and artists with respect to publication agreements, licensing agreements, services agreements and Moral Rights; and providing advice with respect to copyright ownership, and infringement to musicians, authors, and artists. Catherine has assisted members of ArtsLaw, writingWA, and WAM (WA Music).
Catherine is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia and the Communications and Media Law Association.
Catherine is based in our West Perth Office.
- Advising and assisting a client in a trial in Canada relating to trade dress in engineering devices;
- Providing advice on contracts for robotics systems;
- Assisting gaming software developers to obtain brand protection;
- Providing advice contractual and branding advice to a large charitable organisation; and
- Defending allegations of and misleading and deceptive conduct in the Federal Court of Australia.
Core practice areas are:
- Contentious and non-contentious intellectual property laws
- Information technology contracts
- Advertising, branding and labelling laws
- Social media law including laws relating to SEO
- Laws relating to classified and confidential information