Our relevant and notable experience includes:
- Acted for a national engineering company in a Construction Contracts Act adjudication for subcontractor works at the Muja power station project in Collie
- Advised a foreign subcontractor in a multimillion dollar contractual dispute with the head contractor about the manufacture and supply of wind turbine towers for a Western Australian wind farm
- Acted for directors in NSW Supreme Court proceedings by an insurer relating to $7million guarantees of construction-related insurance bonds
- Acted for the responsible entity of two residential property development managed investment schemes in the Perth outskirts, in successful defence of multiple Construction Contract Act adjudication claims by the project managers
- Acted for responsible entity of a managed investment property development scheme in a dispute with a neighbouring landowner about contribution to public open space and the sharing of development costs
- Advising a project manager in relation to dispute with property developer in the southern metropolitan region, in relation to payment and performance and termination of services
- Acted for a build-to-lease tenant in a dispute concerning fitness of use of a purpose built laboratory/office/warehouse facility and rectification of construction works
- Acted on many occasions for builders in the State Administrative Tribunal and State courts in defending claims by owners concerning the construction of residential houses and apartment complexes.
Clarifying the ability of trustees to expand their powers: the decision in Re Application of Country Road Services Pty Ltd
In this article (published in the December 2019 edition of the Law Society Brief magazine) Jonathan ...
Superannuation guarantee amnesty: one last chance to pay compulsory superannuation for non-complying employers who employ "contractors"
Employee versus contractor? Are you sure?
Over the past decade many Australian companies hav...
Security of Payment Reform in the Western Australian Building & Construction Industry
On 31 October 2018, the State Government’s Industry Advisory Group published its report on &ls...
Developers and landlords can release their breath – performance bonds and guarantees remain enforceable
In a decision that would otherwise have had serious ramifications, not only in the construction indu...
Case Note - Swinburne v Boase  WASC 299 - Always Support the Caveat with a Charging Clause or Some Other Express Grant of a Proprietary Interest
It is not uncommon for loan and residential construction agreements (or similar) to include a clause...